HOW TO GIVE
Gearin’ Up is a local, community nonprofit, and your support is critical to helping the children and teens who participate in our youth programs. You can help by making a financial contribution, donating used bicycles and/or parts, and volunteering your time. More than 86% of our annual budget directly supports programming.
If you have a question about getting involved or making a donation, email Executive Director, Sterling Stone (email@example.com).
Gearin’ Up is a 501(c)3, and every donation is tax-deductible! You can donate by clicking the button below:
Or you can also mail a check to:
Gearin’ Up Bicycles
314 Randolph Place NE
Washington, DC 20002
Donate Used Bicycles, Parts, & Accessories
Our community bicycle shop runs on the generous donations of used bicycles, parts, and accessories, which Gearin’ Up accepts in any condition. These in-kind donations are tax-deductible. Refurbished bicycles and parts are kept out of the landfill and given a second life during youth programs, build projects, and community workshop.
To donate your bicycle related items, just bring them to our shop during any open shop hours and we will provide you with a donation receipt for your tax purposes. We accept any and all bicycle related items in any condition. No appointment is needed!
We accept bicycle-related donations during open shop hours from individuals and partner with local organizations, including universities and government agencies, to rescue abandoned bicycles.
To schedule a bike pickup of 10 or more bicycles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bike Pick Up Policy
- Gearin’ Up staff or volunteers will come to the bikes’ location. Please provide an exact address of where the bikes are located.
- Please alert front desk staff that a bike pick up is taking place.
- Please alert all building occupants that a bike pick up is taking place.
- Mark all bikes that are to be donated to Gearin’ Up with a “Donate” tag.
- All bikes must be free of locks. If there are locks on the bikes, we cannot accept them as donations. Please have staff remove locks before the set pick up date.
- All bikes must be in a space that is accessible to a truck or car to ensure efficient pick up.
There are many opportunities to get involved and make an immediate, long-term impact at Gearin’ Up. You can volunteer in the shop, lend a hand during fundraisers, take photos of youth programs, help transport bicycle donations, spread the word about Gearin’ Up in the community, and more.
Email email@example.com and tell us about your skills and interests, or check out the event calendar for an upcoming volunteer orientation.
Local companies, bicycle shops, and individuals can support two annual events: the DC Bike Swap in the summer and our gala in the fall.