Gearin’ Up Bicycles is always looking for new talent to join our team of mechanics, youth development professionals, and volunteers! While we post for specific openings from time to time, we always accept resumes from professionals who are looking to bring their talents to our dynamic team. Email email@example.com if interested in working with us.
What we look for…
- Highly motivated to teach about bikes and cycling
- Love to work as part of a small, skilled, dynamic team
- Desire to increase diversity in the cycling world
- Ready to take on the challenge of pushing our youth and our mission to the next level!
Gearin’ Up seeks to hire a Program Coordinator to continue its educational and community programming. All activities will focus on BIPOC youth communities in Washington, D.C.
Under the guidance of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will perform the following:
- Plan and implement workshops and pop-up clinics to teach bicycle maintenance, repairs and safety.
- Develop partnerships with high schools, city agencies, libraries, recreation centers and other community groups in underserved areas of the District for purposes of hosting workshops and clinics
- Continue on-site programming at the shop, as covid permits, such as youth “build-your-own-bicycle” trainings, Youth and Girls’ Nights, and will work to engage volunteers in all programs.
- Teach and manage our DCPS youth programming.
- Passion for Gearin’ Up’s mission and for working with youth
- 2-3 years’ proven bicycle mechanic experience is a must, with comfort working on older as well as new bicycles
- Some retail experience and good customer service are desires
- Strong ability to work with youth and volunteers is required, including good communication skills and teaching methods
- Experience managing a detailed work plan, with multiple programs in play, and ability to generate reports is essential.
- Experience with Lightspeed is a plus.
Salary range: $37,000-$40,000 with benefits, depending on experience. As this position requires working with youth, all candidates must be willing and able to pass a background check and the DCPS clearance process.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator position.” We seek to fill this position as soon as possible.
We are always looking for qualified bicycle mechanics. Please send a resume/description of your experience/etc. to email@example.com.
Please understand that we do not accept incomplete applications or phone/fax applicants.